Monday, June 09, 2008

1/4 of an MD

Despite the lag in my update time, I did not fail out of med school. Hurrah! I scraped by with Ps, except in Doctoring, where I earned my first med school H. My grades next semester will be different. I want you, non-existent readers, to be the first to know: I am becoming a gunner.

You read that correctly. I, Dr. Ayche, non-prereader, back-row-sitter, lab skip-outer... etc., am going to gun. The spirit possessed me, and I have been converted from the chosen leader of slakitude to a meek disciple of the curriculum. Next semester, you will find me in class on time with notes highlighted and supporting texts read. In the evening, every evening, I will be in the library with my massive Bose headphones canceling any possible distraction. Come Board time, lesser studiers will weep before my calm, unbreakable focus!

What has caused this sudden change in attitude? My home state. I will not, will not stay in this region of the country for my residency! I will not!

No comments: