Monday, December 14, 2009

Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine

Last night I decided I want to read all of Harrison's before I graduate medical school. Is this unreasonable? Is 8 pgs/day an unsustainable goal? We shall see! I think this could provide me with some much needed structure in my study habits.

I am half-way through my third year and I do not know what I am going to be. My plan was always Medicine and an ID Fellowship, but I started thinking about Pathology and threw everything out of whack.

Reading the intro to Harrison's reminded me why I was so interested in ID. In 2001, 56 million people died worldwide. Of those, 20% were children under the age of 5 who died of acute respiratory infections, measles, diarrhea, malaria, and HIV/AIDS. Our world is not yet what it should be.

Pages Read: 18/2754

No comments: